Saturday, August 21, 2010

Face Powder/ Foundation for dry skin?

i have got really dry skin on my forehead and round my nose i really want to apply colour to my face (i am very pale at the moment ) but if i put foundation on it looks terrible can anyone advice what i should use and the best way to apply.


i have used numerous mosturisers but still have itFace Powder/ Foundation for dry skin?
I had dry skin around my nose and on my head and when i applied foundation it brought out orange patches. Now I use Johnson's baby lotion before i put my foundation on. It takes a couple of days to clear and take effect. Then next time you put make up on it will be fine and it keeps you skin clear from dryness. In my own experience.





good luckFace Powder/ Foundation for dry skin?
Avon do a great cream for really dry skin, it comes in a tub and is really not expensive.





I use a Nivea cream which has foundation in it but there has recently been an advert on UK TV for the same idea - I think it was Oil of Ulay with a hint of tint foundation. I find using the cream foundation (it is only a hint) flows onto the skin better and is not streaky.





hope this helps
you dont want to apply foundation or powder to a dry face!!


THATS A BIG NO NO


that will make your dry skin worse and probably give you acne!


so i recommend going to the drug store and get a good mostaraizer and apply it in the morning and at night as long as needed (until face is not dry)


then get a spray on tan or something if you're pale, but make sure its free of any toxians that can make your dry face worse (talk to a worker at the drug store)
What you need to get is a foundation which says that it has moisturisers in it. This is normally a liquid foundation but cream 2 powder ones can be good aswell. If you can't find one go to a make up counter in a big Boots and ask them what would be best they might try things on you aswell!





hope this helped
I also have the same problem. Usually I put on lotion the night before. When I wake up I wash my face then put on Neutrogena Oil Free Fresh Moisture lotion along with a makeup primer. After those dry, I pat a bit of foundation one at a time so it would not be flakey. Lastly, set it off with some powder.
you would be better to get a compact that is cream which turns to powder, it will moisturise dry patches and soak up oily patches to balance your skin out.. go to superdrug or boots and see what they have, expensive isnt necessarily the best
My skin was like this 2 weeks ago and I started to use the Max Factor Colour Adapt. It's really nice. Really creamy but kind of feels like a silky powder when it's on your face. My skin is fine now. x
first wear a cream for dry skin the apply your foundation!
I have yukky dry skin too (well not so much now as I've followed a routine).


Get a cloth, a muslin one of a flannel %26amp; everyday put hot water on it and rub your face with this. It's a hot cloth technique and is a very gentle way to remove your dead skin without taking off layers of healthy good skin :) You'll see a difference when you do this :D


BTW as my skins quite sensitive I put a face mask on after the Tubed Exfoliate (clarins). It's fine with the Hot Cloth Method though.


Invest in a good Exfoliator for when your skin needs an extra hand (I use mine about twice a month now as I use the hot cloth technique). I like Clarins Gentle Peeling but this is pricey. It's not beaded, it dries and you rub the stuff off. It doesn't flare my skin up unlike some beaded ones. Though ST Ives do a nice apricot scrub and this is like 拢4.


As for creams, invest in a facial oil :) Superdrug do a Vit E one for about 拢4, or you can make your own using almond oil. Almond oil is handy for your nails too ;D Make sure you're okay with the ingredients though. Just because it's more natural it doesn't mean you won't be allergic.


Get a face cream which is more natural :) Neal's Yard, Amie etc. There's a few around. I use a Neals Yard tube I got free in Marie Claire. You want something that will soothe your skin rather than a cream that in the long run will dry your skin out.


Now for FOUNDATION. I've got pale but yellow skin so I have a pain in the bum time finding one for dry skin without any minerals as I'm allergic to mineral make up (make sure you test it as I'm not the only one).


Firstly, avoid powder. Powder is more for people with oily T zones %26amp; will just accentuate the dry skin.


Test the foundations out %26amp; see how it feels.


I've tried numerous so I'll post my opinions here.


Rimmel: Not suited for pale skin, it'll go orange so AVOID.


Revlon Colorstay: In Normal/Dry. This is stuff is AMAZING, love it. It comes in pale shades %26amp; is not drying and it doesn't cause spots. Lasts a while too ;) I highly reccomend this (拢12).


Maybelline Mousse Foundations: AVOID, drying on your skin and made mine look like I had coloured dandruff on my face, yuk. It gave a nice finish at first but after a couple of days it dried my face to the extreme.


Maybelline Mineral Liquid: Lovely coverage but the shades aren't the best and I'm allergic to it. About 拢8.


L'Oreal True Match: Matt finish and nice but it's mineral and also it's VERY drying. I'd avoid :( This goes for the fluid and the powder.


Estee Lauder Doublewear Light: Nice, expensive though and not much different to the Revlon Colorstay. Shades may be better though.


Clinique Superfit: drying to the max, hated it.


Bourjois Brush: Nice matt finish but not one to be used constantly as can be a little drying in the winter. Plus you don't get much, it's worth it for the brush though.


Bourjois Sleep Effect: I liked this but because it has minerals in, I can't use it. Nice finish and not heavy, about 拢8.


Clarins Instant Smooth: I loooooove this, doesn't dry my skin out whatsoever and doesn't cause spots. At 拢22 it isn't cheap and the shades aren't brilliant (because I'm pale yellow it suited me though). Lasts a while %26amp; gives a sheer but flawless finish.


Dior Nude Skin Liquid: Love this, may be my next foundation. Gives a lovely finish and doesn't dry your skin out. About 拢24 I think.


Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse: I actually love this but the shades are a bit strange. I got mine for 拢10, you can get it online and I think they still have it in store. Doesn't dry me out whatsoever or give me spots.


Well, that's it I think, sorry to have rambled on %26amp; hope this helps xx





EDIT: I have tried Maxfactor Lasting Finish %26amp; found this too thick and the shades are awful. I've tried colour adapt too and whilst I liked the colour, it dried my skin out :(
  • oreal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment