Saturday, August 21, 2010

Face powder question?

Ok I feel really dumb asking this question but what is the powder called that you put all over your face? I'm not talking about foundation, I mean the stuff that looks a little more natural and not cakey. And when you go to buy some for the first time how do you know what shade to get? Cause I'm afraid I'm going to end up getting the wrong shade. I'm probably just gonna go to like Wal-Mart or Walgreens to get it (if they have some) so there's not going to be a make-up person there to help me pick a shade and I don't want to go out of town somewhere like in a mall to get some. And can you really tell a difference if you use it? I feel dumb asking these questions.





Thx for the help! :]Face powder question?
hey!! im not the best at makeup but im pretty sure its called finishing powder......... at mac there is only one shade because its not really meant blend it only just belnd in the makeup u already have on hope i help :)Face powder question?
It's just known as face powder. You can get loose powder or pressed powder. Also mineral powders, but they are more or less the same thing.





Loose just looks like coloured flour.


Pressed looks like a big eyeshadow pallet.





When you choose a colour, make sure to blend it onto your neck as well. Remember that stores like that have fluorescent lights. They show up every flaw %26amp; make your skin look different. Try on the make up, then go out into more natural light to make your decision on what colour to get. If you choose one under those lights you will most likely end up buying one that is too dark for your skin.





Another product that you might be interested in is facial blotting tissues. They absorb all the oil on your face, taking away the shine %26amp; leaving your skin with a matt finish. It is not make up, but will give you a similar effect.
i think your thinking of translucent powder
Face powder is good starter makeup. Just don't start too soon. In 7th grade, everyone told me I had great skin %26amp; didn't believe I didn't wear makeup. I started wearing it...just the powder...%26amp; my skin has never been the same. It's not bad but it doesn't have that natural glow. My young sisters only use light eyeshadow %26amp; lipgloss %26amp; wax their eyebrows. I think that combo is perfect because they look natural but not out of style, which apparently, the NEED to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment