Monday, August 23, 2010

How to make your face powder stay on all day (i.e. have non-shiney skin)?

My powder lasts like an hour before my face is oily looking/shiney again! I've tried lots of different kinds but I always have the same problem. Is there a trick? And believe it or not I actually have dry skin in the winter in some areas but I only rub a dab of lotion in (where I put lotion doesn not matter with shine-where I do put it looks the same as where I don't apply lotion)How to make your face powder stay on all day (i.e. have non-shiney skin)?
It really depends on amount of oil your skin produce. There is no really magic powder for it. Here what you can do : get any skin absorbing cloths ( clean %26amp; clear sells them) , or try Mineral Veil by Bare minerals, I use it every time after I allpy fondation powder. It makes my make up stay much longer. Oh, and also switch to powder fondations ! You will have less shine for sure!!! Liquid fondations are very oily .


Good luck! :)How to make your face powder stay on all day (i.e. have non-shiney skin)?
Oily skin's a pain, isn't it?





I usually put a make-up base on or primer - I use a no7 one, but I think mac do one as well - that helps keep skin matte.


I also use facial blotting tissues from the body shop throughout the day - you use them on your face to absorb excess oil. They work like a charm! I highly recommend them.
Lotion sounds like it would create the shinyest finish so I would say avoid it! A good trick is to carry blot sheets in your purse. I use a face primer and then a moisturiser then apply my foundation and then my powder! I usually do not have to retouch until midday I use bare naturale by Loreal right now and I love it I have oily skin also! I have also heard that actually dabbing a little milk of magnesea to the face controls the oil in your face! Do remember to wash your face twice a day - day when you wake and night removing makeup. good luck!
i use clinique lotion as a primer
  • oreal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment