Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Which Foundation and face powder?

Can any one tell me what is the best foundation to buy and is worth the money? At the moment I ware collection 2000 sheer foundation but it doesn't really make to much difference to my skin. I've heard that mineral foundation/face powder is really good and makes your skin look flawless.


What makes do mineral foundation and which is the cheapest so I can try it out?


Thanks very much.


xWhich Foundation and face powder?
blue





mark kWhich Foundation and face powder?
You were told right, Mineral Powder Foundation is the best foundation out there right now. I use MK and it does a great job at covering up my scars and freckles, plus it stays on all day and it's easy to apply. I would not recommend any of the Mineral Powder Foundations at the pharmacy or grocery store, they aren't good quality and may actually break you out --so stay far away from them, I know the price is lurring but it's not worth it! Here's the link to the one I buy, I highly recommend it!


http://www.marykay.com/bvelazquez/skinca…
The word is mineral foundation, it's been popular for years with the natural living sort, you know the environmentalists, some may think of them as tree-huggers but as they normally avoid commercial products due to harmful ingredients they tend to be very well informed about things such as skin care, thus they are great to get beauty tips from. Evidently major brands did just that as they are all now hopping on board by bringing out their own mineral ranges.





Mineral foundation is free from harmful ingredients which also means no preservatives, perfume, talk or oils which makes it so much better for your skin. The powder is lighter so feels more comfortable and looks more natural, not to mention the fact that it does not clog up your pores like many liquid or powder foundations can. A mineral foundation gives far better coverage than other foundations, it's not like liquid foundation that you pile on to try to hide a spot just to find it stands out even more and looks caked on – eek! For the acne prone mineral foundation is perfect because it gives very good coverage even over swelling or scaring, the fact it is a mineral foundation means it won't make you break out like a liquid, moose or conventional powder foundation would so helps prevent acne.





I'd recommend Bare Minerals SPF15 Foundation from Bare Essentials which costs £17.50 however mineral foundation tends to last longer than liquid so it works out about the same as any other type of foundation. Otherwise Maybelline Pure Foundation Mineral, this is cheaper and still does the job just as well – despite being mineral foundations some major brands seem heavier so it's obvious they are adding additional ingredients, where as Maybelline's mineral range is still light and low in additional ingredients. If you live in the US I believe they also have a pressed powder version, which should be making it over here to the UK in the next few months.





Another suggestion if you need additional coverage or find foundations too heavy or unnatural, try tinted moisturizers – they are hard to get as now everywhere only seems to sell self-tan moisturizers, but there is one brand aimed at teens which is really good and cheap too. The brand is Nivea Visage Young Be Beautiful tinted moisturizer, this actually gives good coverage so you could use this instead of your normal moisturizer and rather than a liquid foundation, then just use a light cover of powder foundation like mineral foundation. It evens out tone without having to bog your skin down with layers of foundation, then powder on top sets your make-up and prevents shine.
I got a mineral foundation from target, it's revlon sheer minerals i think it's called? Not too sure, but all drugstore brands have mineral foundations out now. I also have a mineral foundation i found at Costco, called Fresh Minerals, it looks great on me..and it was $30 for a foundation, 3 brushes, 2 eye shadows, and a bronzer. (it's a starter kit.) It works really well, and i love it.
Bare minerals! I never liked wearing makup cuz it was all cakey and or the wrong color, especially if you tried to cover up a blemish or something. ( not to mention my hubby hated me wearing makeup. He said I looked like I was trying to be someone else)


It is kind of pricy but i've tried other imitation mineral makeups %26amp; hated it so for Christmas last year my husband bought me bare minerals %26amp; I have used nothing else since. He loves it, he says I look like myself %26amp; it makes me feel good!


P.S. almost a year later i'm not even close to running out
Bourjois has some excellent ones, as they are from the same compnay as Chanel. For more expensive ones, the best I have tried though is Bobby brown which is about £25. MAC has some good ones, I'd go %26amp; test different ones %26amp; ask for samples to see which ones suit your skin, Mac have make-up artists to help you, %26amp; they'll help find ur exact colour(very important) %26amp; give you a small sample to take home also.


forget about collection2000 they're quite poor quality.
sheer cover is brilliant absolutely fab, it blends in with your skin colour so you wouldn't be orange and hides ALL ur marks and unevenness. its really good try it go on ebay that's where i got mine fro its cheaper that way:http://shop.ebay.co.uk/? _from=R40%26amp;_trksid=m38.l1311%26amp;_nkw=sheer+c…
No7 is really good foundation and worth it's money.











Or MAXFACTOR is good. http://www.ciao.co.uk/Boots_No_7_Radiant…
I use Shiseido lifting foundation; it provides flawless coverage and a lasting, lustrous finish while promoting elasticity to give skin a visibly lifted look, cost $41. And a use Clinique loose powder “Blended Face Powder”, cost $19.
I love bare minerals. It's the best. My cheeks have a natural reddish tint to it and I always hated it and even with regular make up you could tell, but this stuff makes my skin look and feel amazing.
try physicians formula mineral makeup...it;s like $10 at target...i love mineral makeup...it covers everything and is not heavy
I have found Nivea tinted moisturiser to be good, and cheap too, works as a foundation which adapts to your skin tone whilst moisturising your skin!


Try Boots.
i always use a masking cream by christy its called Keramask.i get it from boots chemist it costs £9-99 you only need to put a small amount on so it lasts ages.
Bare Minerals works great. It's not cheap though. Also, I see commercials for drug store brand mineral makeup. I haven't tried it yet but I bet it would be good.
The one I use is Clinique City Base Compact Foundation.


It works wonders.
ruby and millie liquid click its very easy to apply and gives an even flawless cover £14.00 comes in different tones
PANSTICK MAX FACTOR
cover girl
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment