Friday, July 30, 2010

Face Powder Question?

I normally wear a soft ivory foundation with matching powder. However, in the summer months, could I just go up a color in the powder to give me a more sunkissed look or do I have to change both foundation and powder?Face Powder Question?
I find it convenient to have a foundation/powder for the cooler months when I'm pasty, then a darker shade in the summer when I get a bit of colour in my face.





If you don't want to purchase a new foundation, you can try mixing a little liquid bronzer with your foundation (provided its a liquid too) to give you a more tanned sunkissed lookFace Powder Question?
JUst change the powder.
Go with a bronzer, It will give you a sun kissed look with shimmer! And you wont get a mask affect!
In the summer use a bronzer. buy a massive powder brush and give it a swish in the bronzer then tap off the excess. Apply it lightly and with sweeping movements across your cheeks nose, forehead and chin and then across your neck and chest. Follow with your usual powder to blend it in and use a gloss on your lips.


The idea is to make it look like you have caught the sun, in a good way, on the areas you normally would without looking like you have been tangoed.


Lancome have some lovely products.
In the summer I use tinted moisturizer. It is lighter than make up and has sunscreen. You may want to try that instead of foundation. I sometimes wear loose powder over it.





If you do wear both foundation and powder, they should match closely. To look sunkissed use blush.
change both or you will look kind of wierd.. no offense
You would need to use both foundation and powder the same color, otherwise if you have the foundation being 1 color and the powder being another color, it's just going to be too much color and your face will look uneven.

No comments:

Post a Comment